neděle 17. února 2019

Westknits Mystery Knit Along 2018 - Texture Time

Hi, my dear readers ♥

Same as the past two years, I took part in the legendary mystery knit along organized by Stephen West ♥ This year was super-mysterious - Stephen promised some completely new technique and also there were 4 fingering weight yarns + 1 mohair !

I decided to start with the dark violet and green/violet skeins I already had at home and then added the light violet and the copper/gold one as the main contrasting colour. As for the mohair - I expected it to be light-green, but it ended up being blue and white changing colour :D (but it looks great in the ends, so damage done !)


It all started with wavy brioche using all colours at once, then continued with "squiggles" and new Latvian Braids and ended up with two wavy wings :D Every week you had to make not only one, but two identical sides of the shawl which ended up with almost everyone being behind "the schedule" and a lot of people abandoning it completely, but I somehow managed to be just a bit late and finished the whole THING on time :)





And I LOVE IT ! I know a lot of knitters were complaining that it's hard to wear, but I was wearing it quite a lot in winter ♥ It's huge and cozy and keeps me away from cold ♪

We took some photos on a walk through Dachau, with a flock of goats watching us from the nearby garden :D ha ha

I feel mega-honoured that Stephen likes my version so much that he featured my photo on the main pattern page on Ravelry !!! ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ (I'm a big Stephen West fan so this means A LOT for me aaaa ♥)









There was optional bubble edge to the shawl, but I didn't have enough yarn to do it... and also the shawl is HUGE enough, think :D

I hope you're all doing fine ♥
Have a great day, everyone !



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat