středa 12. září 2018

New York Adventure 2018

Hi, my dear readers ♥

I'm back !
As I said in previous posts I was quite busy with illustrating one bigger project, I had an art show at cat café, we had a lot of visits and I also tried to enjoy summer as much as possible ♪ Which didn't really allowed me to have a peaceful few hours to put together new posts...

This is going to be a big one & picture heavy ! I finnaly want to show you a bit from our trip to New York City ♥ So far my biggest adventure, longest flight and also the longest holidays I've ever been to !

Why New York? Well, my husband Honza was there exactly 10 years ago to visit his uncle and to hopelesly fell in love with this city. Ever since there wasn't a single day he wouldn't miss the busy city and tall skyscrapers. Being bored by high buildings in Europe, always comparing them to "those in New York", watching movies from NYC, collecting photos ... so, to celebrate his 10th anniversay of New York obsession he decided that the right time has come to come back and this time with me as well ♪

I don't need to tell you how excited and anxious I was about all this ! I haven't been to US yet and also (as you probably remember) I started with flying like two years ago and this time we were on board of the biggest double-deck aircraft ever ! But there were movies, wine and quite a good food, so it was more than OK :)

We stayed at Airbnb somewhere between Upper East Side and East Harlem, a few minutes from underground station and amazing gluten-free café ♥ We did a lot of sight-seeing every day, met with Honza's uncle who gave us some super-interesting tours around city (he lives there like 20 years already, so he knows everything about everything :D), I was too scared of the Liberty Island ferry that I couldn't board it (I'm not THAT brave, you see), we fell in love with the New York Public Library and I bought the most souveniers at their merch shop, I also wanted to stay at Bryant Park forever... just laying in the grass and looking at skyscrapers while munching on take-away box from Whole Foods Market, I got starstrucked by gowns displayed at MET for the Heavenly Bodies exhibition, we wanted to spend another 3 week of holidays at Coney Island bathing in sea surrounded by Fallout-like Luna Park :D ... and while we were at Coney Island we discovered that two of our favourite reggae singers had a show at Ford Amphitheater and so we bought tickets immediately and had a blast, my neck hurt from looking upwards 90% of time and I took like 10000 photos of skyscrapers - THEY ARE REALLY HUGE, I saw the saddest piece of architecture which is the 9/11 memorial and couldn't get enough of the Oculus building built on top of the WTC station, we also went on top of the Empire State Building and I was scared as fuck - I really DO hate heights and long elevator trips D: (but it was totally worth it !) ... and much much much more, I still can't get my head around the fact that I was there, it was so different and amazing and alive and new and ...guess what... I miss New York at least once a week since then :D I really want to go back and visit not only NYC again, but also more of US ♥

I would say here is "a few photos" but that's a lie, I took SO MANY that even when I selected the absolutel highlights it's still very picture heavy :D I hope you don't mind ♪








(entrance to The Magical Congress of the United States of America - MACUSA*o*)




Bryant Park and Whole Food Market take-away box (nom)



New York Public Library






Heavenly Bodies at MET









 (this is the place where mrs. McCallister found Kevin when he was lost in New York at Christmas :D)







































 See you soon, New York ♥



3 komentáře:

  1. Páni. To je tak neuvěřitelně super. Vždycky zírám kde lidi berou peníze na tyhle úžasné cesty. Mě trvalo 6 let našetřit na to abych vůbec poprvé v životě viděla moře Chtěla bych to ještě někdy v životě zopakovat, ale mým tempem to bude tak v důchodu :D
    Ty fotky jsou fakt nádherné, muselo tam být skvěle. To město je nádherné :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Tyjooo neuvěřitelný fotky!! ♥ O_o Neumím si to vůbec představit. :D
    ♥Han

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. I love seeing what people think of NYC. I grew up in New Jersey, so in my head NYC was the standard, like the definition of what a city is. Oh boy, was I wrong. lol. Only now as an adult I can appreciate how unique NYC is.

    OdpovědětVymazat