středa 13. prosince 2017

Westknits Mystery KAL 2017 - Speckle & Pop !

Hi, my dear readers ♥

In the last post I was talking about casting on this year's Westknits Mystery Knit Along on my way to Berlin and today I'll show you the finished shawl !

I must say that I found the last year's design a bit predictable, with the repeating, slowly bulding pattern.
But this year ! It was a wild ride ! I had no idea what's going to happen !

The first clue was LONG ...only the fastest knitters were finished on time. I did the last row on the next Wednesday, five days after the second clue was released already :D


The second clue was SHORT - an opportunity to catch up for those who were still working on the first one


The third clue was BRIOCHE and the fourth one was the rest - colourful cast off and optional crochet around these huge yarn-over holes.
I got a bit behind with the third one and started late with the last, because we were in Vienna for HalloWien lolita tea party... but the following week I started my knitting engines and finished this beautiful thing, ready to take photos and super-happy about the result !



As for my colour choice - it wasn't planned. I knew I wanted to use as much yarn from my stash as possible, but after it was revealed that the main three colours should create fade, I had no oder choice and had to order one more green, together with the set of contrasting pink minies from Martin's Lab.
To be honest, when I made the swatch I wasn't really happy about it. I knew pink will be perfect contrast for green, but it wasn't fading at all... ha ! 
Little I knew that in the end it's going to look AWESOME ♥






here's my ravelry project page for more yarn info and the pattern by Westknits ♥

This was a lot of fun to knit and I also learned something new thanks to great videos from Stephen which were released with every clue. I would not recommend this pattern to beginners, since there is A LOT going on ! Stephen West made some easier patterns, trust me :D

I hope you're all doing fine !
Have a beautiful day, everyone ♥



2 komentáře:

  1. beautiful colors, the dancing on IG ,Love it _paul

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Really beautiful colors. I see that knitting is also art. ♡

    OdpovědětVymazat