pátek 3. června 2016

Breathing Space

Hi, my dear readers ♥

Today I want to show you my latest big knitting project ♪ I'm really proud of this one, because I used expensive natural yarn for the first time, everything went right and I didn't even have to start again (as I usually do)...

In February Joji Locatelli and Veera Välimäki released third book from their series "Interpretations". All three books are full of beautiful designs and I want to make a lot more, but the one who cought my eye first was beautiful striped pulover called "Breathing Space", made of thin yarn in fingering weight. I just happened to have a Malabrigo Sock in Lettuce colorway in my stash, so I wasn't waiting for anything and ordered some skeins of darker Alcaucil right away *o*

It was my very first time working with famous Malabrigo yarn and I couldn't complain, actually I really fell in love with the uneven colours which make such a beautiful effect ♥ The pattern was easy to follow and fun to make because of the stripes ♪

I wasn't thinking much about the name when I started this project, but in the end it really became my personal "Breathing Space". I was working on this pulover during our move, after packing all day, tired, but still in the mood for a few rows. I was knitting on floor in our old flat when we sold sofa, I was knitting on dusty balcony in the new apartement, I was knitting on matress in our new bedroom when we still didn´t put together our bed... this pulover is full of memories =) !

I finished it just at the beginning of spring - right on time !
If it wasn´t raining all the time I would wear it every day ...









1 skein of Malabrigo Sock - Lettuce
2 skeins of Malabrigo Sock - Alcaulcil
pattern "Breathing Space" by Veera Välimäki


... and here's a cute video about Malabrigo sheepfold ♥



Have a beautiful day, everyone ♥



2 komentáře:

  1. Nádhernej svetr.. opravdu moc <3 Moc ti sluší, ty barvy jsou geniální, vzor je geniální.. prostě super :) moc se mi líbí tvar výstřihu!
    A je úžasný ty vzpomínky spojený s pletením *O*

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. What a beautiful sweater! It really suits you!

    OdpovědětVymazat