pondělí 23. dubna 2018

Bare Branches

Hi, my dear readers ♥

Recently I finished quite a few knitting projects, so get ready for some new knits !

The second finished project of 2018 was a cardigan/knitted jacket "Bare Branches" from Alana Dakos's amazing "Botanical Knits 2" - which is a must-have book of knitting patterns for all forest-loving beings like me ♥ I have this book at home for a while, but I've been hesitating with starting any projects from it, because I'm waiting for the right yarn to appear :) I would love to use some beautiful, natural, hand-dyed skeins, but these are not that cheap and easy to get... so I have to be patient ♪

One of these perfect natural and ethically-made yarn is definitelly Rauwerk wool - from Munich-based yarn shop of the same name - which I believe, I told you about already in one of my older posts :) The Rauwerk Wool is ethically produced yarn from local Munich sheep ♪ THE PERFECT ONE for this project ♥ 

After a lot of thinking I went for the light grey - almost the same colour as the original sample in the book. I wanted to be sure that the tree on back stands out and that it goes well with my hand-carved bone buttons from Kaltenberg ♥


When I was working on this project a lot of people told me that they love the design, but they're really scared of it because it isn't made in one piece and they're not sure about the seaming in the end. I decided to give it a try and believe me - there's nothing to be scared of ! Everything is very clearly explained at the end of the book and I didn't have a single problem with the whole pattern and seaming process :) It fits exactly as it should and it looks great !

Again, we took some photos on the riverbank of Isar ♥






I hope you're all doing fine ♪
Have a beautiful day, everyone ♥



2 komentáře: