středa 7. prosince 2016

Diwali 2016

Hi, my dear readers ♥

Today it's just a short outfit post ♪
On the last October Saturday we attended Diwali evening in Munich. Diwali is Hindu festival of light. (according to wiki: "One of the major festivals of Hinduism, it spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair. Its celebration includes millions of lights shining on housetops, outside doors and windows, around temples and other buildings in the communities and countries where it is observed.")
We were invited to the event by Honza's colleague who is from India and goes there every year ♪

The evening was really nice, there was a Bollywood dance performance (I recently started with Bollywood dance classes, so I was paying very close attention to this part of the programm =D ha ha), traditional Bavarian dance performance (to unite Germans and Indians...first time I saw it, to be honest, and it was...interresting), a band who played some famous songs from Bollywood movies, delicious dinner (Indian foooooood ♥) and my absolute highlight - Bollywood disco =D We had so much fun ! I totally loved how everyone was dancing even though there was almost no alcohol and a lot of people were dressed quite formal ! While everyone seemed to know all lyrics and dance moves to all songs, we had absolutely no idea =D ha ha 

Honza's colleagues were dressed in traditional Indian clothes, but I - unfortunatelly - don't own any sari, so I was told to wear just something colourful... and, so I did ♪

Remember how I said that I was inspired by colours of  Indian sarís while choosing palette for this shawl? Of course I  had to  wear it for this occassion !





"Spark of Grey" shawl - knitted by me (pattern by Melanie Berg)
dress - Gudrun Sjodén

Have a beautiful day, everyone ♥



1 komentář:

  1. ooh i'd love to attend a Diwali festival; i love lights, candles, lanterns, everuthing that shines through the dark!

    OdpovědětVymazat