pátek 29. srpna 2014

Summer Roadtrip 2014 - PART 3 - Giverny, Frankfurt am Main

Hello, my dear readers ♥

The last part of our summer adventure is here !
In the last three days we visited home of Claude Monet and Frankfurt am Main ♪


SUNDAY 17.08.
- bye, bye Le Mont Saint Michel ! You´ll be missed <3
- on the highway again, after three hours we´re arriving at Giverny
- my longtime dream comes true today - we´re visiting house and beautiuful gardens
of my favourite artist Claude Monet *o* I have to say that I wasn´t expecting that
we will be allowed to walk trough his house and when I stepped into his atelier full of paining I felt like crying =D ha ha it sounds weird, I know - but I´ve been admiring his work my whole life and now I was there, touching the same railing at stairs as he did while walking up and saw the bed in which he left this world T____T so touching !
- garden is just beautiuful! There is too many photo-snapping tourist for it to be as romantic as I expectedto, but still - the smell of all those flowers ! aaa *__*
- I´m buying quite a lot of things at the official souvenir shop >_< "art merchandise" is my weakness
- we don´t have more time to visit the museum of impressionism, because everything is closing at 18:00...again -_-
- checking-in at our hotel ! Which is great =D it´s an old house, feautured on one of Monet´s painting in a village near Giverny. Owned by a really friendly french guy who has a pottery atelier here. And there are just two rooms =D one in Indian style and ours in Africa style - and we have the view from the famous window which you can see on the painting ! *o*
- we´re going to buy some groceries in the nearby village where is a beautiful castle - what a pitty we don´t have time visit more things in this region !
- dinner at our hotel room and I fell asleep right away, because I´m sooo tired x_x
- Our last stop tomorrow ! Frankfurt here we come !























 We weren´t allowed to take photos inside the house, so here is at least a view from the garden =)


Our amazing hotel !!!

the beautiful manor + medieval castle in the nearby village
both buildings were connected with some kind of staircase in the hill o_o



MONDAY 18.08.
- really good and nice breakfast at our unusual hotel and we´re chatting with the owner about Czech Republic, because we are his first Czech visitors ever ! =D
- we need to come back to this hotel for sure, there is still a lot to see in this part of France !
- we even got a good luck coin made of clay as souvenier from the hotel owner =) how nice !
- the longest journey of our road trip before us - 7 hours on the highway?!
- we´re getting lost in Paris and istead of going around  we found ourselves near Eiffel tower o_O Paris is crazy and French drivers even crazier D= we´re so happy to be out of this maddness called Paris streets !
- on our way we´re looking carefuly for some electronics store where we can buy the crépe machine *__*
- success ! I bought the most expensive one, because it was pretty =D bye bye money, hello unlimited crépes party <3
- we´re finally in Frankfurt...but it´s too late for sight-seeing - 19:00 =/ so we just bought something to eat and rest
- no need to hurry tomorrow because Frankufurt is (sadly) our last stop, no hotel awaits us to check-in anymore T_T so we plan to do some sight-seeing tomorrow and then travel home




TUESDAY 19.08.
- omg this hotel in Frankfurt is terrible =D it looks like some room from a school trip - ugly bathroom and dirty carpet full of allergens >_< let´s be out of this place as soon as possible
- the breakfast was surprisingly luxurious and good o_O
- it´s a sunny day here in Frankfurt, we go straight to the skyline - skyscrapers were the main reason why we decided to visit this city *_*
- after skyscrapers sight-seeing we´re going to the main shopping alley and Honza is buying new shoes, because the old ones got totally broken after the whole week =D he wears them right away and we threw away the old ones in the first bin =D
- I´m visiting Primark just to see with my own eyes how crazy, overcrowded and full of cheap sweatshop-made clothes it is ...ugghh never again !
- no time to lose - we took a quick look at the tiny historical part and we´re heading back to our car - there is still 300km to home !
- back in Ingolstadt...this was such a great week ! I want to travell moooooore and see everything *___*












So that´s it =)
But not completely - we must not forget about my loot !

two packings of famous La Mere Poulard cookies (they´re delicious btw), calendar with photos of Claude Monet´s garden (I already had like 1000 calendars with Monet, but never with his home =D), a hairclip with Monet´s painting, a button with a painting of his house (I´m crazy fangirl, I admit it), pencils, new mug with Le Mont Saint Michel, postcards I´m planning to put in frames, seashells *o* and tourist guide from Luxemburg + flyers and map of Versailles ♥

I have to confess that I´m bit obsessed with buying pencils on tourist spots >_<

...and the most important thing ♥



I´m sure this wasn´t our last roadtrip through Europe and we will go for another one - maybe next year ? I need to see United Kingdom finally ! (it´s my dream since I started to learn English...so when I was 6 years old?) ...and Spain for sure *o* ...and northern countries and then Italy (Venice !!!)
...and  of course, I wouldn´t mind go for a roadtrip trough the whole Germany as well ♥

So much to see, so little time !


Have a nice day, everyone ♥



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat